Just like any good cocktail drink, an experienced hand and a good preparation is key for a delicious experience. So is the importance of the right mix and timing for a one of a kind Turkish coffee. It's said that the foamier the Turkish coffee is, the better is its taste and quality. We will show you in this step by step guide how to make it right, so you can show off your friends by serving the most delicious and aromatic Turkish coffee!
First, it's important to have the right ingredients. Here's a list of things you will need:
Very fine powder Turkish coffee (Our bestseller Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi brand is recommended)
(1 full teaspoon for each cup)
Fresh water (Cold is preferred)
(one coffee cup of water for each person)
(if used, add two teaspoons of sugar per person for medium-sweet)
Items needed: small demitasse coffee cups (like espresso cups) and a long handled copper pot called cezve.
And here are the directions:
1. Time required is about 3-5 minutes
2. Put one coffee cup of water and one full teaspoon of coffee for each person into the pot
3. The amount of sugar must be determined before you begin. If you like it with sugar you need to put it in the pot before you cook it; two heaping teaspoon of sugar for each person would be enough if you like medium sweet. Or if you prefer it without sugar, simply skip the sugar.
4. Put everything into the pot and stir well.
5. Use very low heat and bring the coffee slowly to boil.
6. As it boils, the froth forms on top. Just before it overflows, remove the pot from the heat and divide the froth into the coffee cups with a teaspoon.
7. Bring the rest of the coffee to boil again and pour equally into the cups.
8. You can now serve and enjoy your coffee!
** Turkish Coffee Lady’s advice – Turkish coffee is considered as an ancient art. Make the coffee with love and savor authentically!